Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Special memories

Tonight I am reminded of what a gift it is to be a mother!

C has a heart for playing praise music on the piano (chording)  I catch her often working out a song by ear with chords that she reads off my guitar charts from church; singing her heart out to God.  I love her heart for praise!

A has a heart for worshiping God by making up songs to glorify Him.   She made one up tonight (dance moves and all.... and even did it in front of a friend without being embarrassed (which is hard for her).  I can't remeber the lyrics at the moment... but they were right on with heart.  The mom in me wants to help her produce them, but for now, I am just letting her enjoy her gift of praise song writing.

T on the other hand took a late accidental nap today and has had some trouble with a cold/coughing.. so with his history, needed an inhaler tonight before bed.  At 11 tonight Dad and I heard him singing at the top of his lungs in his bed.  I went in to give him some books to read (as he was being so good laying there for so long just singing to God and waiting to get sleepy).  When I walked in he said."  Mommy, I was shouting out my praises to God." 
What wonderful faith!

Jesus tells us that nothing compares to a child's faith.  After watching my children and their love for the Lord, it challenges me to have a heart that is so excited about Christ that I can't help hold it in. 
Children are truly a blessing from God!


No comments: