Had a pajama/cozy clothes day at school today. Everyone is feeling down and out... but we didn't want to not count a school day... so we layed low as we did school today.
It is so great to get to work around our needs. We all slept in, as we needed the extra rest to recover. As mom was moving slower this morning... the kids had the chance to try out their flash lights for a few minutes. They had just earned the flashlights at co-op yesterday from memorizing a passage of scripture (Psalm 95:1-7). They all piled in our little bathroom (as it is dark) and put together a "light show." I then got to see their show. They did pretty well for putting it together in all of about 15 minutes! :) They did a great job of working together and taking turns doing different things with the lights and sound effects (singing, etc. :))
It was a fun memory.
I have been thrilled with watching "T" really grasp reading in the past week. It finally clicked! He has been reading basic books for a while... but now he is starting to sound out about anything that comes his way. He spent a lot of time reading to me and with a cool early reading site today that has lots of rewards for when he gets to a checkpoint when he is reading. It helps him read in a fun way, and helps me get a few minutes to work with the other 2.
"C" is starting to get long division. She was getting pretty frustrated, as she is so used to having things come easy to her. I am so proud of her for pushing through and getting it! She is ready to test and move on next week.
"A" pleasantly surprised me today with her math. She has been working on converting fractions and adding/comparing the fractions... and as I know most people don't even like to say the fraction word... I am proud of how she is taking it on and learning it. She and I tackled a game on the computer with fractions that were pretty hard. I got her started and showed her how, and then she took to it, even though it was very hard and a bit in different terms to her homework this week. I was very proud of her. One problem she figured out before I did! I was impressed.
I am so blessed to be able to be with these three kids during the day. God has truly blessed R and I!
No comments:
Post a Comment